There was a word out that manufacturer is fully committed to developing their all-new 2019 Nissan Titan XD truck much to the delight of all its fans. Only this time, they have every plan to take their already exceptional styling to a whole new level.
The 2017 XD line-up was well accepted by pickup lovers across continents and with their 2019 Nissan Titan XD lineup, the automakers will be looking to do it all over again.
2019 Nissan Titan XD – Exterior and Interior Specifications
There are rumors that this new Nissan Titan XD will somewhat be based on its predecessor and some fresh design elements might be seen. The frontal fascia will be a mixed bag of style factor and functionality.
- Grille – The radiator grille will integrate 3 horizontal chrome louvers which will get a crosshair like treatment. The front headlights will put out a robust demeanor with a vertical layout of LED strips. Also, these revised headlights will incorporate active high-beam.
- Cast out neat bumper– The frontal bumper will be cast out neat with no adjacent joining with the upper body whatsoever. This strong bumper will get a central air intake which will make way for the rugged skid plate to fit on the right.
- Sporty plastic cladding-The The side body will include sporty plastic cladding on the wheel arches and bottom. The front mirror will likely get a black mate treatment and integrate LED turn lights. Similarly, the window panels and door handles will likely share the Chrome hue.
This new Nissan Titan XD 2019 model is likely to have 17 inches x 7.5 inches of silver styled alloy wheels as standard and 18 inches x 7.5 inches/20 inches x 7.5 inches of aluminum alloy wheels as optional. Tires will likely be LT245/75R17 All-Terrain tires.
Interior Specifications of the 2019 Nissan Titan XD
Soft-touch quality components are expected inside the cabin. The central shack will come with an intuitive design presenting easy accessibility to its color 7-inch infotainment display and climate control system.
In its 2017 model, the automakers presented fans with a smart interior layout especially by moving the shifting lever to its steering column. This made way for extra space. This is most likely to remain intact just to provide users with all the space to stretch out while traveling.
The fans will really appreciate Nissan Intelligent Key and its push-button ignition feature. Some wooden finishes are expected to be seen in its dashboard. Premium leather upholstery being seen as standard on higher trims and the seats and high mount central armrests will be dressed up with it. Steering wheels will also wear premium leather coating.
Its infotainment will comprise of Sirius XM traffic, Sirius XM Travel Link, Voice commands, the Nissan connect services. Plus, fans will also get to avail NissanConnect Mobile Apps and Titan’s XD navigation system in standard trims.
Safety has always been something that Nissan highly considers. It was seen in its 2017 model and with all possibility, this new-gen 2019 Nissan Titan XD will also bring. Here are some of those features which are likely to be present.
- Tire Pressure monitoring system with Fill tire alert
- Around View monitor with 360 degrees Bird’s Eye View
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- 6 standard airbags with sensors
- Snug Kids Safety fit guide
- VDC or Vehicle Dynamic Control
- Traction control system
- Anti-Lock Braking system
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution
Additional accessories available with the model:
Some of the popular accessories which fans can also look for are as follows:
- Titan XD Box with Bedliner
- Splash Guards
- Carpeted Floormats
- Tailgate Electronic locks
- All-Season floor mats
- Tow Hitch Receiver
- Rear Bumper Step Assist
Some extra charges will be needed to be paid if opted for these additional accessories.
Mechanical Specs of the 2019 Nissan Titan XD:
Over the years Nissan through its XD lineups has presented power-packed engine lovers plenty of reasons to smile. Hence with this 2019 Nissan Titan XD looming, there’s a lot of talk concerning what it might host beneath its hood.
The 2017 model comprised of a couple of engines and that worked well for the automakers. So there is a possibility that this new 2019 Nissan Titan XD could come with the same engine configuration except perhaps with a little tweak in its power outputs.
Standard engine configuration–
As its standard engine, the 2019 Nissan Titan XD could come with a 5.6 liter DOHC 32 valve V8 engine integrating VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift) technology. The expected power outputs of this engine configuration will be somewhere around 390 HP @5,800 rpm and 401 lb-ft torque capability @4,000 rpm.
EPA rating of this engine is expected to be somewhere around 22 mpg in city, 26 mpg in freeways and 24 mpg combined.
The next is an optional unit namely a Cummins 5.0 liter DOHC 32 Valve V8 Turbo Diesel engine. This engine will crank up around 310 HP of power @3,200 rpm and 555 lb-ft torque @1,600 rpm.
EPA rating of this optional engine is speculated to be somewhere around 23 mpg on city, 26 mpg on freeways, and 24 mpg combined.
This new-gen 2019 Nissan Titan XD is expected to come with 2 transmission options.
- A 7-speed automatic transmission might come for standard engines
- And for the optional engine, an Aisin 6-speed automatic transmission is highly on the cards.
The towing capacity of this all-new 2019 Nissan Titan XD is expected to be around 13,640 lbs.
Price and Launch Date
As of now, no such official announcements have been made by Nissan regarding its launch date as well as its starting price. However, the word is out that this new-gen 2019 Nissan Titan XD could come out somewhere towards the end of 2019 or during the early stages of 2019.
As for its starting price, this new-gen model might hit dealerships at a starting price of around $37,000 with higher models bearing more cost.
The 2019 Nissan Titan XD appears to be a tough model and looks quite ready to take on market rivals such as RAM 2500/3500 and Chevrolet Silverado 3500 and Ford F-350. It certainly is going to be a riveting contest and that is for certain.