With speculations happening for the last 5 years, the 2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT rumors has been on every automobile enthusiast’s cards. The Cadillac is known for its luxury vehicles, so the probability of a pickup has struck a chord with people.
2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT – Exterior Redesign
The Cadillac’s have always been known for their luxury and class. If 2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT rumors are taken into consideration, things will be no different. The high beam LED lights adorn the front of Escalade EXT which is vertically aligned with respect to its chrome grille. Those horizontal grille bars will maintain some distance providing greater air intake capabilities. To be specific, the Cadillac will encompass air intake facilities in its large chrome edged front bumpers as well. However, the front bumper will house a couple of inverted L-shaped premium LED fog lamps. Other exterior features will include two roof rails and an automatic tailgate.
The 2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT is also going to provide a number of wheel and tire options which will include:
- Standard 17 inch wheels fitted to P275/55R20 wheels at both ends.
- 22-inch optional wheels with all season tires.
- 22 inch 7 spoke premium quality wheels with chrome inserts.
- 22 inch 9 spoke wheels which will be provided only with its Luxury and Premium Luxury variants.
The manufacturer of 2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT state that it will include the following:
- While still in speculations, some rumors say that this vehicle is likely to provide 4 seater facilities.
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel come with heating features. The 12-way power adjustable seats are provided with automatic climate control facilities. In addition to this interior have been fitted with wood, leather, and metal to give it an all premium finish.
- An 8-inch multi-touch infotainment system with embedded navigation and 3-D graphics. This will be coupled with gesture recognition, haptic feedback, and Natural Voice recognition technology as well.
- Expect 2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT to have Bluetooth, capable of connecting to 10 smartphones at a time. Along with this 5 USB ports will come as standard fitted with Apple Car Play and Android Auto Sync facilities.
- Speakers will include Bose 16 speaker Centerpoint Surround sound system which is likely to include autopilot noise compensation technology.
- This 4×4 pickup is speculated to include NavTraffic which provides detailed information on upcoming traffic conditions, accidents, construction and road closures.
Towing Capacity and Payload
Although one can expect Cadillac EXT to borrow design specifications from its ESV variant, towing capacity comes improved from its SUV sibling. Expect Cadillac EXT to have also a maximum towing capacity of 8300 lbs. Payload totally depends on bed size and should come at a competitive figure. Front and rear tow hooks will come as standard at both ends to assist towing.
The Cadillac is known for its luxury and also provides ample importance to the security of its passengers. Expect this 4×4 to have Cruise Control, Electrical and Content Theft Deterrent System as standard. Along with this other standard features may include an inclination sensor, defogger, and also rear cargo net. However, to make driving on the highways a smooth experience, the Cadillac will provide Surround vision assisted by 4 cameras, Lane Change Alert, Lane Keep Assist and Rear Cross-traffic Alert. Other optional features might include Side Blind Zone Alert, Forward Collision Alert, and Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT – Strong Engine
The 2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT is likely to be based on Cadillac’s ESV models. This model will come with a 6.0 Liter V8 engine which produces 345 HP of power and 380 lb-ft of torque. It will use Spark Injection Direct Injection (SIDI) System which will result in an EPA rating of 15 mpg in cities and 22 mpg on highways. Talking of acceleration, the Cadillac will take 5.8 seconds to reach from 0-60 mph clocking a top speed of 115 mph.
2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT – Date of Arrival and Price
Being a luxury vehicle, by all means, the 2018 Cadillac Escalade EXT starting price will be around $52,000. Finally, if all goes well, the vehicle is likely to be released in early 2018. If delays occur, the release may take place during 2018’s last quarter.